Nestled against the hills of the Diablo Range and opening to the pastoral beauty of a countryside, the Evergreen Islamic Center (EIC) has been serving the local community since 1996 by providing various religious and secular services, including the five daily prayers, Jumuah, and Eid prayers. EIC also hosts a number of regular activities that include classes for adults, conferences, interfaith discussions, and community get-togethers.
Evergreen Islamic Center offers everyone a place to worship the Creator, to participate in community activities and to engage with the greater society for the common good. We are dedicated to working with people of all faiths to promote peace and justice for all.
- To serve Allah Almighty as prescribed by the Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
- To establish EIC as a local Islamic community based on the principles of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- To provide Islamic services and develop institutions to meet the needs of local Muslims.
- To provide Islamic education and religious instructions to the Muslims of the community.
- To conduct religious, educational, social, cultural, and other activities in the best tradition of Islam.
- To develop a harmonious relationship with neighbors and the community at large. This includes ensuring that talks and Friday sermons at EIC promote peace and harmony between people of all faiths.
- To cooperate with state, national, and international organizations and Islamic communities for the good of all Americans.
- To participate in humanitarian causes.